Submit your review
The Form Tool is essential to my common drafting. It makes commonly drafted forms so easy to generate.
I'm a self-employed consultant.
Last year, I downloaded the free version of TheFormTool and started using it immediately. Soon after, I purchased TheFormTool pro. Last month, I purchased the 30-day trial of Doxsera for $1.
It was my best business decision this year, and I can’t go back.
The ‘form sets’ feature of Doxsera will pay for itself in many times over.
TheFormTool PRO is worth every penny! I started with the free version because I followed a tutorial that a wonderful psychologist shared with me. Then I found out the features of the PRO version and it's AMAZING! I met a few bumps along the road of figuring it out, but the customer service is FANTASTIC! Same day responses, and always have had a quick and easy solution to my problems! I also love the Knowledge base so that I can learn things on my own and get ideas about how else I can utilize this amazing tool! The other psychologists in my district are very excited about using this tool as well and I'm happy that I get to share my template with them. Thank you so much for this amazing time saver and all of your support in getting me going!
I had a problem installing Pro. I emailed Tech Support and within hours was told that it was the first time they'd seen the problem, but I should try something that they'd found related to a different program. I tried it. It worked perfectly.
This is a great app. Buy the Pro version. You won't regret it.
I use it many times per day. Kudos to developers and coders and beta people and everyone involved!
Good afternoon Bob.
I met you and Scott in Chicago in March of 2012 at the Legal Technology Conference where I was also meeting with another person to learn how to use HotDocs.
After seeing the FormTool in operation I gave up on HotDocs and switched over to your software.I am a sole practitioner and Doxsera did everything I needed and has proved to be invaluable.
After 10 years as an officer in the Air Force, then three years of law school, then 42 years of practicing law in Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia, Canada, it is now time to fade away and retire. I left my downtown office nine years ago to work out of my house and limited my practice to appearing as agent for out-of-town lawyers in foreclosure court hearings. In March 2020 the courthouses closed due to Covid-19 and, when they reopened in the late summer out of town lawyers were able to appear in court hearings remotely using Microsoft Teams and therefore my services were no longer required. Although I love what I do and really enjoy it, it is no longer economically feasible with law society dues, business license and operating expenses continuing so I have terminated my law practice. I am almost seventy-five and in good health so my wife will find lots of chores to occupy my time.
I want to thank you and Scott for the software that has made my practice so much easier and efficient than it was previously.
I wish you, Scott, and your families a very Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous future in all your endeavours.
Kent (customer #241)
The Service Desk was very helpful in cleaning up and figuring out what we had done wrong in configuring Doxsera on multiple machines when trying to share files.
I routinely need to prepare 14 different documents in order to file a guardianship in Arizona. I knew that Doxsera has a form set feature that allows me to create all those documents in one go. But I just discovered that Doxsera will name each document (example "Petition for Guardianship", "Petition for Appointment of Attorney and Physician") and save them automatically to any folder I designate. What a work saver! I was a little confused about how to make this happen, so I emailed the Service Desk. I heard back in 5 minutes. The solution was EASY and I am now able to save all these documents (in Word format or in Acrobat format) after Doxsera automatically gives them their correct names. The Doxsera program is really elegant.
My law firm has been using Doxsera for quite a few years but only recently really started using it to its full capacity. By no fault of the Doxsera team, the program folder had become a mess which caused the "Form Sets" function to fail. The Service Desk was very prompt and efficient in helping to diagnose and solve the problem within the same day. We really enjoy the product and are excited to be able to use the Form Sets function to produce work even more efficiently. This is a fantastic program with fantastic support!
I have used all of The Form Tool products and highly recommend them to everyone I come into contact with concerning documents and automation. I just got setup with Aurora and am looking forward to how it will help me. I absolutely love Snapnumbers, it has save me countless headaches when dealing with numbered lists and bullets.
1. The pandemic! I made a decision that the two lawyers in our firm would work from home and our legal assistant would work in our office. We would not see clients face-to-face and we would only see each other by video. It was a good call because we have seen our colleagues in other law firms confront clients who refused to wear masks and deal with employees who learned on the job that they were Covid-19 Positive. But that meant that we could no longer use the Hotdocs Developer 11 templates that we stored on a shared network drive. We switched to using Sharepoint as a cloud solution, which came free with our Micorsoft Office subscription. Though Hotdocs templates can be stored on Sharepoint, Hotdocs puts document libraries between the users and the templates. The document libraries that have to be reconfigured each time you add a template to a custom library, and each custom library has to be separately configured for each user. Enter Doxsera. Store your Doxsera templates (which are really Word templates at heart) on Sharepoint, and each member of your firm can access them without being wired to a shared network harddrive on a file server. Just tell Word that you keep some templates on Sharepoint, and you are off and running.
2. Constructing a template for a pleadings is much easier with Doxsera. Get your pleading paper template set up once, and then Save As every time you create another pleading-paper-type template.
3. I thought that conditional fields in Hotdocs were a huge improvement over Word’s conditional fields. Doxsera conditional fields are better than Hotdocs’. First, you can easily tell where they begin and end, even if they are nested. Second, Doxsera makes it very convenient to see what the condition was and to edit it.
4. I find that Doxera’s method of changing pronouns and showing singular verbs and plural verbs is so friendly that I can make my documents read in a more natural fashion with much less effort than in Hotdocs.
5. Doxera makes it a pleasure to populate a dropdown field with a list of choices.
Once I made the switch, I learned a few more things about Doxsera that light me up. I can create a questionnaire that I can email to a client. Client reads that questionnaire the same way that she reads any other Word document. Client fills out the Questionnaire and sends it back to me as an email attachment. I merge her answers into a Medical Power of Attorney, and the client has done all the work.
But wait, there’s more. I take the same web questionnaire in the Aurora version of Doxsera. Then I upload it to the satellite in the cloud (the Aurora Web Data site). The satellite reads the questionnaire and automatically converts it into a pretty web form that is the front end for a database. I get to instruct the satellite to email an invitation to my client, asking her to come fill out this comely web form. The answers are stored in a database. Then Word beams down the answers from the satellite and spits out the same Medical Power of Attorney. But in addition, I can retrieve all of the client’s answers from the mother ship any time I need them. I can do this for any template that I create. If I want to make it “client-facing”, I can. If I want to make it a form that I or other members of my staff fill out, I can do that, too.